It has four strategic cornerstones. Each cornerstone has its own objectives and actions, all interconnected, according to the global, cross-sectional and coordinated nature of the action proposal.
Developing the Plan:
There is close coordination between the main players:
- Cantabria Government, whose programmes must guarantee through its ministries:
- Convergence of actions.
- Contributing effectively to the plan´s application.
- Coordinating Nansa and Peñarrubia valley initiatives and projects included in its programmes and ordinary budgets.
- Adapting current regulations to the territory´s specific needs, whenever possible.
- Processing and approving the Special Nansa and Peñarrubia Protection and Development Plan, a true cornerstone for the balanced development of that rural area.
- Local authorities, mayors and neighbourhood committees.
- Social players.
- Business persons and representatives from the private sector.
- Botín Foundation, as the Plan´s author and promoter.
Botín Foundation contribution:
The Foundation has initiated, promoted and funded the Heritage and Territory Rural Development Programme since its beginnings, as part of its mission.
During the execution phase, it maintains its promotional function to ensure the programme´s globality and the cross-sectional nature of different actions, in close collaboration with the players involved.
It promotes strategic actions in:
To oversee the Action Plan, a committee made up of the Cantabria government, mayors of the various municipalities and Botín Foundation has been set up and meets periodically.