The CDIMC, promoted by the Botín Foundation, is responsible for documenting music in Cantabria, in every aspect, period and area. Founded in 1996, it has been carrying out the important task of locating and preserving valuable music documents.
Collection of documents.
The CDIMC currently has a total of 2.800 documents, including books, articles, scores and sound recordings. These ever expanding collections most notably include*:
- ARTURO DÚO VITAL collection
- MIGUEL ÁNGEL SAMPERIO collection
- EUSTAQUIO GURRUCHAGA collection
- ANTONIO GOROSTIAGA collection
- SIXTO CÓRDOVA Y OÑA collection
- JOSÉ LUCIO MEDIAVILLA collection
(* The Botín Foundation would particular like to thank these authors´families for donating these collections).
Research and dissemination projects.
The following initiatives are currently in progress:
- General study of the history of music in Cantabria (Amphoras Project) (team of researchers coordinated by Rosa Conde and Esteban Sanz).
- Critical edition of M. A. Samperio´s piano work (by the pianist Francisco San Emeterio).
- Critical edition of M. A. Samperio´s choral work (by the CDIMC team).
Dissemination, distribution, publications (more recent initiatives).
- Arturo Dúo Vital, Música Sinfónica (publication by the Verso record label of a CD with symphonic works by this author, performed by the Malaga Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of José Luis Temes). See this work´s record in the library´s catalogue.
- Antología de Compositores de Cantabria. Collection now in its volume 10 (string quartet by Miguel Ángel Samperio, string quartet no.5 by Francisco García Álvarez; Glockenlieder, piano quintet, by Francisco Novel Sámano. Performers: Vega Ensemble Quartet). See this work´s record in the library´s catalogue.
- Case study on the composer Arturo Dúo Vital (by the musicologist Julia Lastra) (In process).
- Case study on the composer Miguel Ángel Samperio (by the musicologist Gustavo Moral) (In process).